MSR: a look into literary magazines with co-editor Ashley Hajimirsadeghi
To aid you in preparing your submissions to CLA and beyond, co-editor of Mud Season Review Ashley Hajimirsadeghi will present a one-time workshop to go over the ins and outs of submitting to literary magazines and competitions. From finding the right markets to your work to the technical elements, such as formatting your submission and cover letter, this workshop will help you feel more prepared and confident when submitting work to competitive markets.
At the workshop on Saturday, October 7th from 7 to 8:30pm, we will cover the following:
- Formatting, standards, and basic etiquette for submitting.
- How to organize your pieces if submitting more than one poem/story/etc. in a document.
- Where to find markets that might fit your work and aesthetics.
- Reviewing how most literary magazines are structured, thus how your work is being read.
- The current marketplace for writing.
We will conclude with a Q&A session. Learn more and register here. Space is limited, so get your tickets now!