This key person will help oversee the publication of Mud Season Review, a division of BWW, with issues and all other published material. Our Managing Editor will keep our website in good working order and manage other technical aspects of Mud Season Review as needed. Qualifications include strong tech skills, the ability to maintain deadlines, familiarity with WordPress and Submittable, and strong collaboration and communication skills. The position is volunteer-based. Responsibilities:
- Ensure all issues, interviews, and other given materials are published on time and with the correct selections, formatting, and presentation. Secure all finalized materials from Co-Editors-in-Chief.
- This includes: poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and art selections for Mud Season Review issues; contributor bios and headshots; interviews; and single poem, contributor bio and headshot, editor statement, and artist statement for Mud Season Review: The Take. Update and publish these using WordPress.
- This also includes: our monthly email blasts. Write and send these to our subscribers using Mailerlite. Email copy to Co-Editors-in-Chief first for review.
- Keep our WordPress-hosted site and other tech areas in good working order. Troubleshoot Submittable issues for staff as needed.
- Attend Zoom staff meetings when able for Mud Season Review and Burlington Writers Workshop (BWW). Respond to emails from Co-Editors-in-Chief as needed.
- Willingness to collaborate with interested staff on ideas to possibly improve design and functionality aspects of our website.
To apply, contact the MSR Editor at email@example.com.